Classes for 2017
**Note: Other classes may be scheduled upon request
New addition: Canine Socialization Class has been added for July 9th-July 30th.
Canine Socialization(for fearful/mildly aggressive dogs) MUST have previous evaluation or approval by Marie or Tyson to enroll.
$80.00 per dog/handler-4 week class-New date: 4 Sundays 2-3pm, July 9th-30th.
Canine Basics - 4 week class. $80 / $25 for individual classes (Canine Good Citizenship test included)
-Covers basic obedience commands. Open to all dogs over the age of 16 weeks.
- 4 Saturdays, June 3-24, 11-noon
- 4 Saturdays, August 12-Sept 9 (no class Sept 2) 11-noon
- 4 Sundays, Sept 10-Oct 1, 1-2pm
- 4 Saturdays, Oct 14-Nov 4, noon-1pm
- 4 Sundays, Nov 5-Dec 3 (no class Nov 26), 3-4pm
AKC Star Puppy
6 week class. $120 per dog handler-covers basic commands, puppy training issues and socialization. See specific agenda below. Open to dogs 8 weeks to 8 months.
- 6 Sundays, June 4-July 16 (no class July 2), 1-2pm
- 6 Sundays, August 6-Sept 17 (no class Sept 3), 2-3pm
- 6 Saturdays, Sept 30-Nov 11, 11-noon
- 6 Sundays, Oct 22-Dec 1 (no class Nov 26), 1-2pm
Therapy Dog Academy
A four week course to acclimate the sounds, reactions, and situations that pet therapy team may encounter during a pet therapy visit. $60 per dog/handler. Note: This class is not required for registration with an organization.
- 4 Saturdays, June 3-24, 9-10am
- 4 Saturdays, August 5-26, 9-10am
- 4 Saturdays, Nov 4-Nov 24, 9-10 am
(individual class) We love to walk our dogs, but not be walked (or dragged) by them. Teach your dog to walk and greet humans and other dogs politely while on leash $25.00 per dog/handler
- 1 Saturday, June 10, 11-noon
- 1 Sunday, June 18, 3-4pm
- 1 Saturday, August 19, 11-noon
- 1 Saturday, August 26, noon-1pm
- 1 Sunday, Sept 17, 1-2pm
- 1 Sunday, Oct 8, 2-3pm
- 1 Saturday, Oct 21, noon-1pm
- 1 Sunday, Nov 12, 3-4pm
(individual class) Dogs that do not come back when called are not only frustrating, but may be in grave danger. Learn why dogs don’t come when called and practice ways to make “come” exciting. We will also practice "stay" and "stop" commands. $25.00 pet dog/handler
- 1 Saturday, June 10, noon-1pm
- 1 Saturday, June 17, 11-noon pm
- 1 Sunday, August 13, 1-2
- 1 Saturday, August 26, 11-noon
- 1 Sunday, August 24, 1-2pm
- 1 Sunday, Oct 15, 1-2pm
- 1 Saturday, Oct 28, noon-1pm
- 1 Sunday, Nov 19, 3-4pm
REVISED! Canine Good Manners
4 week class. Advanced obedience and proper “manners” in everyday situations. Must know basic commands $80 per dog/handler (Canine Good Citizenship test included).
- 4 Sundays, June 4-June 25, 3-4pm
- 4 Saturdays, August 12-Sept 9 (no class Sept 2), noon-1pm
- 4 Sundays, Sept 24-Oct 15, 2-3pm
(for fearful/mildly aggressive dogs) MUST have previous evaluation or approval by Marie or Tyson to enroll.
$80.00 per dog/handler-4 week class
- 4 Sundays, August 6-27, 3-4 pm
- 4 Sundays, Sept 24-Oct 15, 2-3pm
- 4 Sundays, Nov 5, 2-3pm
Dogs must be consistent with stay, come, heel, $80 per dog/handler-4 week class
- 4 Saturdays, June 3-24, noon-1pm
- 4 Sundays, August 6-27, 1-2p
- 4 Sundays, Oct 2-3pm
AKC-Canine Good Citizen Evaluation
$20.00 per dog (free for graduates of Canine Basics or Good Manners, within 1 year) For more details, please visit http://www.akc.org/dog-owners/training/canine-good-citizen/what-is-canine-good-citizen/.
- Saturday, June 24, @ 11am
- Sunday, June 25, @3pm
- Saturday, Sept 9 @ noon
- Sunday, Oct 1, @1pm
- Sunday, Oct 15, @ 1pm
- Saturday, Nov 4 @noon
- Sunday, Dec 3 @3pm
Canine Behavior Counseling 11652 E Ada Place Aurora Colorado 80012
Other class times and locations may be available upon request.
- Dogs must be at least 12 weeks old (except for Star Puppy-Puppies must be at least 8 weeks old) and current on age appropriate vaccinations.
- One dog per handler please. (Does not apply to Canine Good Citizen) If you do not have people to handle each of your enrolled dogs, you must notify Marie 1 week prior to the first class. We can provide a handler for additional dogs for an extra $10 charge per day of class ($10 to individual, $40 for 4 week class, $60 for 6 week class).
- No retractable leashes, chain leashes or leashes longer than 6 feet please.
- Classes may need to be cancelled with short notice due to weather. You MUST include a phone number where you can be reached or will check messages 2 hours prior to scheduled class time.
- Class registration will close 48 hours prior to class time. Drop-ins cannot be accommodated at this time. Payment is due at the time of registration. Your registration will not be accepted without payment.
Click Here for registration form!
For more information, please contact
Canine Behavior Counseling
11652 East Ada Place
Aurora CO 80012